COVID-19 Resource Page
Dear Vertical Church Family:
God is taking us all through an incredible and unprecedented season—and He is with us as we go through it! As I mentioned in a recent email, we are canceling our Sunday services and student ministry for the next 3 weeks; however, Gospel ministry is not stopping—in fact, ministry is just beginning. Our church staff team is working to enable God to use our church family in special ways. Let me share a few ways that you can prepare to live out our Mission in the next few weeks:
1) Sunday Worship: Beginning this Sunday at 10:00am, we will host our weekly worship service together on Facebook Live. To watch live, just find the church’s Facebook page under Vertical Church Columbus, or click the link below. I am excited to share from God’s Word on how to respond to this COVID-19 crisis. Jesus was never put off by interruptions—rather He used them to minister to people and advance the Kingdom. Our service on Sunday will go for about 35-40 minutes and will have an interactive element.
We will also have handouts from our Children’s Ministry that will allow you to continue to shepherd your kids during this season.
2) Grace Groups: We are encouraging our grace groups to continue to meet online (or in person at your own discretion). This is a vital time to keep connected and minister to one another. Let’s continue to dig into our study on Practicing Affirmation by Sam Crabtree.
3) Prayer: Please continue to use our website or church app to post prayer requests. Then take a few minutes each day to pray over the requests from other members in our church family.
4) Needs: We want to help care for you and your family—please let us know if you have specific needs. This is a time for us to care for one another in practical ways. If you have a need, call the church phone at 614.477.7600.
5) Outreach: I expect that we will have some unique opportunities to share the love of Jesus and witness for him in the coming days. Let’s be praying and “keeping up with the Spirit” (as I preached about last Sunday)—looking for God-given opportunities to live out and give out the Gospel of Grace. I will share more on this in our online service on Sunday.
We will all find it tempting to be consumed by COVID-19 and immobilized by fear or uncertainty or the constant flow of information. At another time of significant uncertainty, Jesus told his disciples in John 16:33: “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” In Christ we have peace that transcends events, viruses, and our anxieties. May the Spirit fill us with the peace of Christ as we rest in Him moment-by-moment.
You are Loved,
How to access our worship service without a facebook account
- Go to the Vertical Church Facebook page in your web browser via the link: https://www.facebook.com/VerticalChurchColumbus/
- A window will pop up asking you to create an account. Click “Not Now” at the bottom of the window.
3. Scroll down in the feed until you see the video and hit the play button.
HOW to ACCESS SUNDAY WORSHIP SPOTIFY PLAYLIST WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT
1. Click the “Listen to Spotify Worship Playlist” either in your church email or on this website.
2. If on a desktop computer, “Click Play on Spotify”, and then “Play”.
3. If on a mobile device, you will be prompted “Listen in App”. You will need to download the FREE spotify app, and then you will have listening access